Embassy of Belgium in the Republic of Korea
Home Travel Belgium Visa Belgium Long stays (over 90 days) Self employed

Self employed

If you wish to exercise a self-employed activity in Belgium, you must have a professional card. This professional card must be requested in the Region where you will carry out your activity. More information is available on the websites of Brussels, Wallonia and Flanders.

Once you have a professional card, you can apply for a visa at the embassy.

When to submit a visa application?

A visa application can be submitted up to 6 months before departure, and must be submitted at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit.

For example, for a visit to Belgium from 1 September 2020 onwards, the application can be submitted between 1 March 2020 and 17 August 2020

The duration of treatment of your visa depends on the quality of the file. The Visa section will contact you as soon as your application has been processed.

How to submit a visa application?

First of all, you need to complete the online visa application form on https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be.

The visa applicant must then make an appointment via the online appointment system. All visa applicants must come to the embassy in person, accompanied by the documents below.

All documents must be submitted in original form, along with two photocopies. The Visa section reserves the right to request additional documents.

Which documents must be submitted?

1. A passport that is at most 10 years old and valid for the period of the intended trip to Belgium + 3 months; Please ensure that your passport still has at least 2 blank pages.

2. A printed version of the application form, fully completed in French, Dutch or English, personally signed.

3. Two recent, identical color photos.

4. Visa fee of KRW 270.000, to be paid by card only at the Embassy of Belgium.

5. Proof of payment of the visa handling fee of € 220. This amount must be paid directly to the following Belgian bank account:

IBAN: BE57 6792 0060 9235 
Bank: BPOST NV, Muntcentrum (without nr.), 1000 Brussels 
Beneficiary: FPS Home Affairs, Immigration Office, Antwerpsesteenweg 59B, 1000 Brussels

It is important that the payment notification respects the following structure (the date being the date of birth of the applicant): NameFirstnameNationalityDDMMYYYYY.

6. Original certificate of approval of issuance of your professional card

7. Proof of absence of criminal convictions, issued at the Korean police station. The document must be translated into one of the national Belgian languages ​​(French, Dutch or German) or English, as well as be notarized and legalized by Apostille at the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.0404.go.kr). The certificate may not be older than 6 months.

8. Medical certificate: Every visa applicant must have the Embassy form completed, signed and stamped by a doctor. The certificate may not be older than 6 months. You can go to the visa department of one of the following hospitals:

  • Severance Hospital Seoul: International Health Care Center, Visa Section TEL) 02 2228-5815 (Dr. YOO Bora, Dr. PARK Chanshin, Dr. LINTON John, Dr. KANG Da Yee, Dr. KIM Sue or Dr. TCHAH Hann) More information can be found here.
  • Yeouido St. Mary's Hospital Seoul: TEL) 02-3779-1406 (Dr. EUN Young-Mi) More information can be found here.
  • Inje University Haeundae Paik Hospital Busan: TEL) 051-797-0372 (Dr. KIM Daehwan, Dr. SUNWOO Yueun, Dr. RYU, Jiyoung) More information can be found here.

What after the visa application?

Once you have received your visa, you can travel to Belgium. Please note: make sure you bring all necessary documents with you to Belgium, so that you can prove at the border that you meet the residence conditions (decision of the Region to grant the professional card…)

Once you arrive in Belgium, you must report to the municipal administration of the place where you will live within eight days of arrival. After an address check, you will then be registered in the aliens register or population register and you will receive a residence card. In addition, you must visit the business counter that is mentioned on the application form for the professional card in order to collect your professional card.

Do you need more information?

For additional information, please go to the website of the Immigration Office. If you have additional questions, please contact us by e-mail. The Embassy does not answer questions about visa applications by telephone.